Monday, November 20

Tram number 15, Nowa Huta


Tram number 15, Nowa Huta
Originally uploaded by soylentgreen23.

This could well be my favourite shot of all those I've taken since coming to Krakow. I'm quite pleased with myself for having taken it, but at the same time a lot of credit goes to the immense amount of pollution around the steelmill where this photo was taken.

As I was walking back along the tramline I noticed my photographing exploits were not meeting with much admiration from truck drivers and other passers-by. In fact, on several occasions I'd just about steadied myself for a shot when there would be a loud horn blown practically in my face by a passing truck. I later learnt that the part of Krakow I was venturing around isn't frequented very often by tourists, and that the best word to describe the locale is "dodgy". Oh well, I at least got some good photographs out of it.


1 comment:

Shaunj said...

don't be nasty about the "huta" some of us live there now. :D