Sunday, July 9

Best trip ever!

I'm back - I have been for a while - and I have to say, here indeed is a contender for the best trip I have ever been on.

It really was so much better than I had anticipated. The stop-over in Miami was long enough to go and explore South Beach; La Paz was extraordinarily beautiful when viewed from El Alto; the ruins were fine and not too many that I suffered from ruin-fatigue; the hiking was marvellous and strangely refreshing; the food was delightful, and I had some of the best seafood ever in Lima; Cusco was picturesque and belonged to the locals far more than I had thought; and Machu Picchu... well, what can one say? It lives up to the hype and then some, and the climb up Wayna Picchu was simply outstanding.

So the question really is, where to next?


No comments: