Wednesday, November 29

Signal Versus Noise

I was looking through my Flickr photostream recently, and I was amazed at the amount of crap I've uploaded. I actually kind of feel sorry for those poor souls out there who have attempted to navigate their way through the detritus of the digital age.

At the weekend, I had clear past 1700 photos online, which is fine if they're good or they mean something, but in most instances they don't. So I'm having a good clean through. I want to achieve two things - get rid of the bad and unnecessary, and make sure everything is titled. No more "jai001" and so forth.

I've also realised something very important - the act of taking photographs has been a lot more pleasurable over the last few years than actually looking at the results. I'm hoping that by the end of the week (or the start of the next) the pictures I have left online will be the cream of the crop and will go some way to capturing the joy I felt when I clicked the shutter release.

I'm down to 1471 photos so far - so that's nearly 300 erased, and thankfully so.


No comments: